Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Do I Look Stupid To You?!

People, people, people... always testing my good nature.

For those of you who read my facebook updates with amusement you will already know I came close to combat with a fellow commuter on the train this morning. I think the most selfish act committed by the modern commuter is to read their paper when all existing room is needed for the odd shuffle of weight onto the other foot, and the adjustment of your bag into the other hand that doesnt ache as much. So why must people insist on shoving their newspapers in other people's faces; flicking pages and generally causing injury and misery? This particular commuter was also a fidget-er! When she had read everything of interest in her paper she spent the next 4 minutes doing a combination of the following - and repeating it again and again - hair flicking, finger clicking, sticking her face in her hair to smell it, adjusting scarf, adjusting coat, adjusting scarf so it came over her chin a tiny bit (??!!)...again, and again, and again, and again *snore*

Anyway - the reason I decided to write this post was because of an email I recieved today, which I read and then immediately thought to myself "Do I Look Stupid To You?!". Each year the company I work for hosts a Luncheon for the industry at the Grosvenor House hotel. In 2009 the buck stopped with me; and I organised it - very well, even if I do say so myself! If you're an events organiser you may have some idea of how much planning something like this takes; and how much of a chore it is to keep your contacts up to date, so you can make sure the right people know the right info at the right time!

And this cheek of a man has the audacity to send me an email saying "I'm building a list of contacts from the seating plan given out on the day of the luncheon" - ok - if you want to build a list of 1800 names from scratch then that is up to you - "I was wondering if you could send me the data you included in the booklet in an excel spreadsheet?" - excuse me? - "and if you had emails for everyone as well then that would be great" - yes I am sure that would suit you down to the ground you lazy ******. My response went along these lines "Dear ******, due to data protection (yeah - squirm out of that phrase you ass) I am not able to give you the information you are after, have fun building the list"

What a knobber!

On a much lighter note I have much to look forward to over the next few weeks! This coming Friday is John (my boyfriend's) birthday, no fancy affair this year but I do have a 4 day weekend whoop whoop. Then on Friday 22nd I shall be catching a train up to sunny Runcornia to see my second family of loved ones; Laura, Pete, Ruby (Rubz), Scarlett (Scar), Izzy and Stella McVey. Loz is one of my best friends, despite the distance geographically, Pete is her gorgeous other half, Ruby and Scar are my god-daughters (love, love, love) and Izzy and Stelle are pooches. Izzy is wearing a cone at the moment because she has a poorly foot :-(

I shall remember the day I was asked to be god-mother forever, I cried! Just like I cried when I found out Loz was pregnant with Rubz (finally), and just like I'm tearing up now remembering how much I cry about things that dont really need to be cried over.

I cried when I fell over on the ice the other day WTF??!!

Anyway - I am off to dry my tears and lock my Chief Executive in the basement if her meeting goes past 17.00hrs!

1 comment:

  1. CONEHEAD!!!

    Ahhh hhaaaa, sorry, just had to get that out yes :)

    It's not crying, it's involuntary leakage...just be glad it's from your face.

    ReplyDelete