Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 January 2010

Haiti Fundraiser

I instigated a fundraiser in our office to raise money for Haiti. We will actually be donating the money to RedR UK who, as a company, we used to support with various collections from our larger events. RedR UK have started a fund to put towards the long term rebuilt of projects that will be needed to help Haiti recover.

http://www.redr.org.uk

We started off the day with a bake sale. I am sorry to say I forgot to take pictures of the cakes I made, for which my sister will murder me... I made two batches of brownies, one with walnut chunks and one with white and milk chocolate chunks. I also made chocolate chip cookies in two varieties! As well as a large batch of weigh watcher recipe cookies, which taste exactly like shortbread *dribble*

There are 20 minutes to go before we hold the raffle, I have sold over 300 tickets at £1.00 per strip (5 tickets on a strip). Having asked people to bring in unwanted christmas presents and other items around the house we have a great collection of things up for grabs, including; 2 bottles of champagne, 12 bottles of wine, 1 bottle of 10yr Malt Whisky, 2 bottles of Bulmers (can you see an alcohol theme growing here?), nail manicure sets, a facial spa, books, chocolate, games etc... and Suzy our resident rubber chicken has even graced the stage by draping herself very dramatically across one of the boxes of chocolate. All the chocolate has come courtesy of Hotel Chocolat... none of that cheap stuff! Ha Ha!

Cant wait to see who wins and what they pick... I'm not taking anything home with me so you better pick my contributions first. Will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Wewwwwwwww, but.....PICTURES!!!!!

    I haz a disappointment....but I also haz a proud, you raised over £200 right??

    Well done Nicki :)

    ReplyDelete