Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 November 2009

Nationwide Idiot Society

Why are some people so dim... I really dont understand, and I don't mean not smart, I mean no common sense, just plain idiocy!

I went into the bank today on a mission to get my international transfer number for my bank account, and pay in a cheque from Envirophone *wink wink*. I stand waiting for the lady to finish her phone call, she's one of these women that even though she's thinking "you bitch" inside she smiles sweetly with venom in her eyes! As I cautiously approach the desk and ask for what I am after the following conversation ensues:

"can I have you account number please"
"sure its 3*******"
"I cant just give the details out"
"pardon me?"
"I said I cant just give the details out, how come you know your account number by heart?"
"what... you asked me for my account number, I gave it to you, what's the problem"
"I need to see your card with your account number on it"
"that's fine, but it's not what you said initially is it?"
"just give me the card"
*tosses the card across the counter*
*bank lady angrily scribbles the number I need on piece of paper*
"thanks, but perhaps you could make it clear which are I's and which are 1's... so I make sure I get it right"
*scribbles even more on the paper*
"is there anything else I can get for you madam"

I watch as the spittle flys from her mouth dangerously close to smearing my piece of paper.

"no, that's fine"

How I got out of there without fire axe in my back I will never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment